Navigation Search Map (504) 658-4000

Translate this page

The City of New Orleans

Mayor Mitchell J. Landrieu

Requesting a Transcript

Applicants who are not qualifying via military service are required to submit an official transcript to Civil Service demonstrating they have earned 60 or more college credits. A test date may be scheduled with an unofficial transcript; however, official transcripts must be presented to Civil Service no later than the day of the test. Electronic transcripts can be emailed to Applicants who have completed an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree may submit their original diploma in lieu of a transcript.

Most colleges and universities accept transcript requests online, in person, or via phone/fax. You can contact your institution’s registrar office for more information about how to submit a request. For students of New Orleans-area colleges, the links below provide additional information about how to initiate a transcript request.

Delgado Community College

Dillard University

Louisiana State University

Loyola University

Southern University of New Orleans

Tulane University

University of New Orleans

Xavier University

Requesting a DD-214

Applicants who have served at least two years of full-time military service qualify to apply without college credits. Applicants qualifying with military service must provide a DD-214. Instructions on obtaining your military service records can be found here.


Add to Twitter Add to Newsvine Add to Reddit Add to Yahoo Bookmarks Add to Yahoo MyWeb Add to Facebook Add to LinkedIn Add to Digg Add to Google Bookmarks Add to Terchnorati Add to StumbleUpon Add to Delicious

Last updated: 9/12/2014 10:49:53 AM

Was this page helpful?

 Security code