Resources for Home Owners
Any building owner who has received a notice to attend a hearing should come prepared with all documentation possible that would apply to the building in question and its status.
NOTE: submission of below documents does not guarantee a dismissal of the case or that no fines will be assessed. Additionally, all cases have administrative fees and costs that will not be waived.
Checklist of Suggested Documents
- CURRENT clear printed photos of the property in compliance. Photos should include front (entire structure or lot), rear, right and left sides and must show work completed.
- Recently executed contract(s) for repairs and/or demolition.
- Permits covering the scope of work that will be or has been performed.
- Certificate of Completion indicating that work performed under a permit was completed.
- Certificate of Occupancy indicating that work was completed and the structure is ready for occupancy.
- Certificate of Appropriateness if the property falls within the historic district of HDLC.
- Copies of applications submitted to any City department or commission.
- Recent proof of active participation in a Federal, State, or local renovation or rebuilding program including:
- Road Home documentation
- HMGP letter(s)
- Letter(s) from a non-profit entity which has allocated funds
- Proof of committed financing for repairs or new construction
- Documents proving your ownership interest in the property including:
- Bill of Sale
- Succession documents
Additional Useful Information:
Last updated: 10/31/2016 3:02:04 PM
Was this page helpful?