QuitPower® – Advanced Tobacco Cessation Program from UHC
Employees will receive a wellness coach to help develop a personalized, realistic plan to reduce tobacco use.
- Understanding Personal triggers
- Personal Counselors
- Nurse Line
- High Intensity Model
- Nicotine Patch or Gum will be delivered directly to employee at no cost to the employee
Weight Loss Program
Participation is voluntary for employees and covered spouses. The City will pay 50% of members’ enrollment costs for the program. The name of the program will be announced after a vendor is selected. The City will not pay for other weight loss programs. The program will include:
- Weekly health-focused lectures
- Complimentary 12-week membership to Ochsner Fitness Center
- Direct access to nutrition and fitness experts via phone and email
To qualify for this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently employed full time with City of New Orleans.
- Currently enrolled in the City of New Orleans HealthCare Plan (Program is open to spouses and/or domestic partners if they are enrolled in the City of New Orleans HealthCare Plan).
- BMI ≥ 30. (Calculate your BMI here. )
- 18 years old or older.
- Part-Time Employees, Retirees, Dependent Children are not eligible.