Eastern New Orleans Neighborhood Advisory Commission
The boundaries of ENONAC are the Industrial Canal to the west, the Intracoastal Canal to the south, the St. Tammany Parish Line to the east, and Lake Pontchartrain to the north.
|Meetings Dates/Times (if recurring):||General meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.|
|Contact phone:||(504) 218-5949|
The East New Orleans Neighborhood Advisory Commission (ENONAC) seeks to aid the community in managing the inevitable growth of New Orleans East, promoting homeownership as well as attracting a state of the art hospital and healthcare, quality retail and amenities, while serving the goal of sustaining an increase of property values and preserving the quality of life and the natural resources of the New Orleans East Community.
By effectively combining the efforts of your local community centers under one organization, serve the people who live and work in Eastern New Orleans in positive and life changing ways.
- Contest for a state of the art full service hospital and quality healthcare
- Reduce blight
- Promote beautification
- Purge nuisance businesses
- Support neighbor-to-neighbor relationships
- Encourage economic development
- Work with the City and the NORD commission to ensure that parks are clean, safe and has a healthy environment, in addition to providing adequate recreational programs for our youth and elderly.
- Build relationships among businesses, neighborhood, and non-profit organizations
- Attract quality retail and amenities
- Promote home ownership
Legislature of Louisiana adopted Act 394 during the Regular Session of 2009; and Act 394 (R.S. 33:9100) created the Eastern New Orleans Neighborhood Advisory Commission, Section 1 of Act 1236 created the EASTERN NEW ORLEANS NEIGHBORHOOD ADVISORY COMMISSION, hereinafter referred to as the “ENONAC”.