The New Orleans Police Department's 4th District is concerned about your personal safety and the safety of your property. Assist us in preventing you from being a victim of a property crime. A vehicle burglary is an easy crime to prevent. All it takes is for you to take the time and stop, pay attention to your surroundings and what valuables are in plain view in the interior of your vehicle.
Here are a few safety tips to assist you in protecting your property.
1) Lock and secure your vehicle.
2) Remove or hide all valuables in your vehicle if possible secure items in the trunk.
3) Activate your vehicle alarm.
4) Park your vehicle in a well lit area as close as possible to your residence or the location you are visiting.
5) When exiting your vehicle, always take your keys with you.
6) Never leave a firearm in the interior of your vehicle.
If you need any further information you can contact the 4th District Station at 504-658-6040.