Appeal of Administrative Decision of the Department of Safety and Permits
The Board of Zoning Adjustments (BZA) is empowered to hear and decide appeals from any decision of the Director of the Department of Safety and Permits in the administration of the Zoning Ordinance and related regulations.
An appeal may be considered within a reasonable time, but in no event shall an appeal be allowed after the expiration of forty-five (45) days from the date of refusal of a permit, or from the date of an order, ruling, decision, or determination, by the Director of the Department of Safety and Permits.
- File a completed application with the Board of Zoning Adjustments
- Notice of the request will be published in the journal of record and notices will be mailed to adjoining property owners
- The case will be heard at the first available BZA meeting after the receipt of a complete application. The meetings are held the second Monday of every month at 10:00 a.m., in the City Council Chamber (unless otherwise posted)
- The Director of the Department of Safety and Permits will produce all papers, correspondence and records requested by the Board and present the case to the Board
- The Board will take action on your application. Within 10 days of the Board’s action, the Board’s staff will produce a written record of the Board’s action and distribute it to you
- Decisions of the Board may be appealed by the applicant or any other person aggrieved by the Board’s decision to Civil District Court, within 30 days after the filing of the decision in the office of the Board. Decisions of the Board are NOT appealable to the City Council
City Planning Commission, Safety and Permits
You may also need
Last updated: 6/7/2016 9:40:27 AM
Was this page helpful?