Land Use Request - Text Amendment
A zoning text amendment is a change to the text of the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance (CZO). Some zoning text amendments are requested to add a land use to the list of permitted, conditional or accessory uses in a particular zoning district. Other text amendments may propose the creation of an entirely new zoning district or a modification to a development standard that applies to properties all across the city.
Requests for zoning text changes may also be initiated by any property owner in the city or by the City Council. The City Planning Commission (CPC) holds a public hearing on all text change requests and makes a recommendation to the City Council. The City Council then makes a final decision on each text amendment request, following a public hearing.
- File a completed applicationwith the City Planning Commission (CPC)
- After submission of a full and complete application that is accepted by the City Planning staff, the applicant will be given a zoning docket number
- Notice of the request will be published in the journal of record and notices will be mailed to adjoining property owners
- The case will be heard at the first available CPC meeting after the receipt of a complete application. The meetings are held the second and fourth Tuesday of every month (except November and December) at 1:30 p.m., in the City Council Chamber (unless otherwise posted)
- During the public meeting, the Commission will either recommend approval, modified approval or denial to a zoning request
- If the decision is for approval, CPC will guide the applicant through the next steps of the process
City Planning Commission
You may also need
Last updated: 12/22/2016 10:47:48 AM
Was this page helpful?