Tents & Stages
Entertainment Permit - Stage(s), Reviewing Stand, Bracing, Banner, Projection, Concession Stand
A permit is required to erect a stage, reviewing stand, bracing (for balconies), a concession stand or to display a banner or projection screen/light for any purpose and is often needed along with other special event permits/licenses. This ensures compliance with the building, electrical, and mechanical codes of the City.
For stages, you will need a statement, with a live seal from a Louisiana Registered Architect or Civil Engineer stating:
- The structure is capable of withstanding a minimum 130 PSF live load
- The structure will provide a 42” high guardrail for public safety
- Stairs will have risers not more than 7” high and treads not less than 11” wide
- Stairs will have handrails not less than 34” high and not more than 38” high
- The width of landings will not be less than the width of the stairways/ramps they serve
- Submit all to the One Stop Shop, City Hall, 7th floor, 1300 Perdido St., New Orleans 70112
Safety and Permits
You may also need
Last updated: 6/7/2016 11:18:45 AM
Was this page helpful?