Navigation Search Map (504) 658-4000

Translate this page

The City of New Orleans

Mayor Mitchell J. Landrieu

Residential Permits

Neighborhood Sign Permit

Building/Construction, Business, Right of Way, Sign
Apply online?

A permit is required to place a permanent neighborhood sign on a neutral ground. The sign design must be submitted to the City Planning Commission Design Review Committee. The neighborhood representative must submit scalable plans and elevations for the sign and the proposed site. The plans must include footing information. A memorandum of understanding between the applicant and the Dept. of Parks and Parkways for maintenance must be executed. 


  • Free

Required documents/steps

Issuing agency

Parks & Parkways, City Planning Commission, Public Works

User guides

Add to Twitter Add to Newsvine Add to Reddit Add to Yahoo Bookmarks Add to Yahoo MyWeb Add to Facebook Add to LinkedIn Add to Digg Add to Google Bookmarks Add to Terchnorati Add to StumbleUpon Add to Delicious

Last updated: 9/14/2015 12:41:33 PM

Was this page helpful?

 Security code