Public Greenspace Planting Permit
A Public Green Space Planting Permit is required in order to plant shrubs and garden beds on neutral grounds, parks, playgrounds or public rights-of-way. The applicant must submit plans for the proposed planting in accordance with the Design Standards for Plantings on Public Green Space guidelines. A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the applicant and the Department of Parks and Parkways for the maintenance of the proposed planting must be executed. The permit is free of charge.
- Contact the Chief Landscape Architect at the Department of Parks and Parkways at (504) 658-3201 or ParksandParkways@nola.gov in order to submit the following:
- Scalable site plans including all major existing physical features, size and type of plant material
- Maintenance plan including responsibility for watering
- Plans must be in compliance with the Design Standards for Plantings on Public Greenspace guidelines
- Execute a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for maintenance
Parks and Parkways
You may also need
Last updated: 6/7/2016 11:29:31 AM
Was this page helpful?