Residential Parking Permit
A Residential Parking permit is required to park on certain streets during specific or very busy times in the City of New Orleans. Residential Parking permits are valid for specific neighborhoods and for a specific duration of time. More information and an application is available here: http://new.nola.gov/dpw/parking/
To obtain a permit, you may apply online at https://duncan.imageenforcement.com/permitsites/NewOrleansPermits
City of New Orleans - PARKING DIVISION
RPP OFFICE - City Hall
1300 Perdido St, Rm 2W89
New Orleans, LA 70112
For questions about the Residential Parking Permit Program, please call (504) 658-8200.
Complete and submit to the Parking Division:
- Residential Parking Permit Application (you must have a residential parking permit to apply for a visitor's permit)
- Verification of your resident status
- A lease or mortgage AND a utility bill (Entergy or Sewerage and Water Board) at the address for which you you would like a permit
- A copy of your current driver's license matching the address for which you would like a permit
- A current vehicle registration matching the address
Note: When a vehicle is titled in a company's name and assigned to the resident for personal use, a letter from the company (on company stationary) must be presented identifying the resident; residential parking permit address; make, model and license plate number of the vehicle; and the motor vehicle registration identifying the company as the registered owner of the vehicle.
- Applicants with motor vehicles registered in another state may apply for a temporary 30-day permit. Applicants must present a valid driver's license and motor vehicle registration from their home state; a rental or lease agreement; and a utility bill (Entergy or Sewerage and Water Board) for the designated address.
Issuing agencyPublic Works