Make a Plan
When a disaster strikes, will you and your family be ready? Develop a plan to make sure every family member knows what to do, who to call, and where to go during an emergency.
- Pick the same person for each family member to call or email. It might be easier to reach someone who's out of town.
- Choose a place to reunite if separated during an emergency. Choose a place near your home and another place outside your neighborhood.
- Gather Supplies for what you'll need during an emergency or evacuation. You should plan on having 3 days worth of supplies in your emergency kit and to go bag.
- Practice alternate routes. In an emergency roads may be blocked, buses and city transportation shut down or re-routed. Each family member should know all possible exit routes from home and neighborhood.
- Know how you will evacuate in the case of an emergency, whether it be through contraflow in your own car or locating the closest evacuspot.
- Practice your emergency plan from home, work, daycare, or school.
Get A Game Plan
Want help making your plan? Check out Louisiana's Readiness website, Get A Game Plan, for strategies to create simple, successful emergency plans for your family or business.
Last updated: 7/20/2016 3:38:44 PM
Was this page helpful?