High winds can knock down wires or poles, leaving you without power for a long period of time.
What should I do if the power goes out?
Before the storm
- Turn your fridge to its lowest temperature.
- Freeze containers of water to keep your freezer cool.
- Fill up your bathtub with water as a back-up water supply.
- Fully charge all electronic devices (cell phone, laptops, and medical equipment).
- If you need power for medical equipment, sign up for the Special Needs Registry.
During A Power Outage
- Report your power outage to Entergy (Call 1-800-968-8243).
- Open your fridge doors a little as possible.
- Stay away from low-hanging power lines and power lines that have fallen to the ground.
Power Outages Tips
- Increase your cell phone life by:
- Purchasing additional cell phone batteries.
- Turn off all push notifications.
- Keep cell phones off whenever possible.
- Use texts instead of calling.
- Purchase a battery-operated radio to check for updates.
- Sign up for outage text alerts from Entergy to keep up to date with outages in your neighborhood, and when they may be fixed.
- Bookmark the Entergy Outage Map to quickly check outages around town.
- Plan how to access important information you may store online even if power is off.
Power restoration can take many days or even week(s) depending on the severity of a storm. View Entergy's restoration process flow.
Last updated: 7/13/2016 2:36:09 PM
Was this page helpful?