Orleans Parish Registrar of Voters
Early voting will begin Saturday, November 26th-December 3rd, excluding Sunday, November 27. Hours of operation will be from 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Early voting locations include: City Hall, Algiers Court House, Chef Menteur Warehouse, and Spanish Fort Community Center (addresses can be found on our Early Voting tab found on the left side on this page.
- Opportunity to register to vote for this election has now passed. Please register now in preparation for upcoming elections.
- Deadline to request absentee mail by ballot is December 6th. Please be reminded to submit your request as soon as possible to ensure time for postal delivery and return before the deadline. All absentee ballots are due by December 9th, 4:30 p.m. (excluding military and overseas). To submit a request you may print the absentee by mail request , complete, and send to 1300 Perdido 1W23, New Orleans, LA 70112. To submit a request electronically, you will need a Louisiana ID/driver’s license. Visit the Louisiana Voter Portal . Directions: Identify yourself by voter, select election information in the top tool bar, select online absentee request in left menu, and follow prompts to complete request. You should receive a confirmation when complete. If you experience problems, please call 504.658.8300.
To view a sample ballot, you must visit the Secretary of State website . If you need assistance, please call us at 504.658.8300.
Orleans Registrar of Voters Office
The Registrar of Voters' Office safeguards each citizen's basic right to vote and is a non-partisan, parochial office responsible for:
- Voter registration and the update of voter registration documents onto the statewide community network
- The administration and enforcement of the laws, and the rules and regulations of the Secretary of State relating to the registration of such voters
- Responsible for Early Voting and Early Voting Sites
- Absentee by Mail Voting, including 65+ Program
- Voting at Nursing Homes
- Voting for Military and Citizens Overseas
- The administering of special programs for persons with disabilities to include those voters who are hospitalized
- Community outreach efforts to promote voter education and participation
- Serving as the "nexus" for election information
- Providing excellent, customer friendly, public service to the citizens of New Orleans.
Inactive Voters in Orleans Parish
If your name appeared on the inactive voter list, your registration address was not verified by our office. If your residential address or address where you receive mail has changed from the address used when you registered to vote or on your voter registration record, please update your residential address online at www.GeauxVote.com . You may also change it by mail or in person at our office in City Hall, Room 1W24.
Our team members, Mrs. Linda Tunson and Ms. Glenda Williams, conducting voter registration at a local fair.
Registrar of Voters partnering with the ladies of Delta Sigma Theta to prepare our newest registered voters of Eleanor McMain High School for early voting this election.
Monthly statistical report for registered voters can be viewed here .
We are working to improve our web site.
As we continue improving, please help us by using the feedback form at the bottom of any page to let us know if there is information you are looking for, but can't find!
Last updated: 1/13/2017 9:32:57 AM
Was this page helpful?