Orleans Parish Registrar of Voters
Updated: April 27, 2016
Our office will be closed May 30th, Monday as it is a state observed holiday. We will resume normal business hours the following day.
Voter Registration Week will be May 9th-13th, 2016.
Monday, May 9th: •Algiers Regional Library 11am-2pm •Norman Mayer Library 11am-2pm •Whole Foods (Magazine St.) 1-3:30pm
Tuesday, May 10th: •VIET 10am-Noon •Joseph S. Clark High School Noon-1:30pm •Home Life Garden 12:30-2:30pm
Wednesday, May 11th: •Benjamin Franklin High School 11am-1pm •East New Orleans Library 11am-2pm •Main Libray 11am-2pm
Thursday, May 12th: •Mercy Endeavor Senior Center 10:45-11:15am •Woldenberg Village 1:30-3pm •Chateau de Notre Dame 2-3:30pm
Friday, May 13th: •U.S. Immigration 10:30am-Noon •Hope Credit Union 11am-2pm •Rosa F. Keller Library 11am-2pm
All day voter registration sites: City Hall, 1W24; NO, LA 70112; 225 Morgan St., Rm. 205; NO, LA 70114; Mr. Chill’s Barbershop 2734 S. Carrollton Ave; Picture Me Rollin 8480 MorrisonRd; AND New Orleans Public Libraries
Orleans Registrar of Voters Office
The Registrar of Voters' Office safeguards each citizen's basic right to vote and is a non-partisan, parochial office responsible for:
- Voter registration and the update of voter registration documents onto the statewide community network
- The administration and enforcement of the laws, and the rules and regulations of the Secretary of State relating to the registration of such voters
- Responsible for Early Voting and Early Voting Sites
- Absentee by Mail Voting, including 65+ Program
- Voting at Nursing Homes
- Voting for Military and Citizens Overseas
- The administering of special programs for persons with disabilities
- Community outreach efforts to promote voter education and participation
- Serving as the "nexus" for election information
- Providing excellent, customer friendly, public service to the citizens of New Orleans.
Inactive Voters in Orleans Parish
If your name appeared on the inactive voter list, your registration address was not verified by our office. If your residential address or address where you receive mail has changed from the address used when you registered to vote or on your voter registration record, please update your residential address online at www.GeauxVote.com . You may also change it by mail or in person at our office in City Hall, Room 1W24.
Our team members, Ms. Delores Russell and Victor Avalos, conducting voter registration at the Naturalization Ceremony located at the New Orleans D-Day Museum.
Registrar of Voters partnering with the ladies of Delta Sigma Theta to prepare our newest registered voters of Eleanor McMain High School for early voting this election.
Monthly statistical report for registered voters can be viewed here.
We are working to improve our web site.
As we continue improving, please help us by using the feedback form at the bottom of any page to let us know if there is information you are looking for, but can't find!