Emerging Special Event
A one off or recurring sporting, cultural or other type of special event attracts mostly domestic visitors, has moderate local media coverage and modest economic benefit within the municipality or region.
Download the Special Events Permit Guide for more information about permitting requirements.
Characteristics may include but not be limited to:
- Use of single local venue or site;
- Event with a mid-sized footprint (i.e. a few street closures, neighborhood level area or use of public right-of-way, little or no traffic redirection/routing)
- Expected attendance between 5000 and 20,000;
- One to two points of governmental agency interaction (i.e. visit One Stop Shop, approval from City Council member, working with the Office of Cultural Economy);
- Cost of between $1,500 and $50,000 in City services, staff time and equipment use; and
- Promotes the City of New Orleans within the event's marketing campaign.
Examples include a new street festival to celebrate a cultural holiday or 5k Run/Marathon.
Additional Requirements & Considerations
Special Event Types
Parade / Second-Line
Race / Marathon
Professional Sporting Event
Last updated: 8/16/2016 3:27:52 PM
Was this page helpful?