A block party is an event that includes a celebration for residents of a block and/or a specific neighborhood. These events typically require street closures and detours that affect the normal flow of city traffic. Block parties may also include the purchase and selling of food and goods and the playing of live or recorded music.
Download the Special Events Permit Guide for more information about permitting requirements.
- Begin the application process at least 1 month before the event date
- Click here to learn more about the requirements related to street closure
- The Police District must approve all block party street closures before the application can move forward
- All street closures related to block parties require a security details and a petition signed by 100% of the residents, property owners, or property managers
- If tents of any size are used, click here for more information
- If a stage and/or concession stands will be erected, click here for more information
- If alcoholic beverages will be sold or given away to the general public on site, click here for more information
- Provide information about noise source if there will be live entertainment on Supplement F.
- Commercial entities planning to erect a stage for live entertainment and/or have special hazards such as lasers, open flame, cooking, pyrotechnics, heating equipment, fog generator, etc. should refer to the Festival section
THE OFFICE OF CULTURAL ECONOMY, THE MAYOR’S OFFICE, AND/OR THE INDIVIDUAL PERMITTING DEPARTMENTS (I.E. REVENUE) NO LONGER ACCEPT APPLICATIONS. REMIT APPLICATIONS TO THE ONE STOP SHOP ON THE 7TH FLOOR OF CITY HALL, OR YOU CAN VISIT THE ONE STOP ONLINE AT http://www.nola.gov/onestop/ FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS.
Level of Impact
Local Special Event
Emerging Special Event
Expanding Special Event
High-Impact Special Event