An outdoor concert is an event that includes live music performance in an outdoor space. Outdoor concerts may include the purchase and selling of food and goods and street closures.
Download the Special Events Permit Guide for more information about permitting requirements.
- Begin the application process at least one month before the event date
- Secure event location
- If the event is taking place on a neutral ground or other public green space, click here for more information
- If the event is taking place in a NORDC (New Orleans Recreation Development Commission) playground, park or facility, click here for more information
- If the event is taking place on public property, contact the Department of Public Property Management to obtain written approval: Adrienne Recasner, 504-658-3600, email@example.com
- If the event is located on private property not belonging to organization holding the event, secure written approval from the property owner
- If the event is taking place in the street, click here for more information
- Organizers are required to register as a promoter and submit a $10,000 performance bond (for 3 or more vendors) and a list of the vendors participating in the event, click here for more information
- Develop and submit an event plot plan / layout with your application
- Click here to learn more about the requirements to erect a stage
- Provide information about live entertainment noise source
- Provide a sanitation (clean-up) plan and copy of contract with the clean-up company if the event includes throws and/or debris are produced
- If alcoholic beverages will be sold/distributed on site, click here for more information
- If tents of any size are used, click here for more information
- If you plan to have special hazards such as lasers, open flame, cooking, pyrotechnics, heating equipment, and fog generator, fill out Supplement G and click here for more information on Hazards and Fire Watch.
THE OFFICE OF CULTURAL ECONOMY, THE MAYOR’S OFFICE, AND/OR THE INDIVIDUAL PERMITTING DEPARTMENTS (I.E. REVENUE) NO LONGER ACCEPT APPLICATIONS. REMIT APPLICATIONS TO THE ONE STOP SHOP ON THE 7TH FLOOR OF CITY HALL, OR YOU CAN VISIT THE ONE STOP ONLINE AT http://www.nola.gov/onestop/ FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS.
Level of Impact
Local Special Event
Emerging Special Event
Expanding Special Event
High-Impact Special Event
Last updated: 8/15/2016 11:10:33 AM
Was this page helpful?