Mardi Gras 2018 Permitting Information and Restrictions
Revenue and Permit Enforcement
City of New Orleans Bureau of Revenue field agents and collectors will be canvassing neighborhoods in and around parade routes to ensure businesses (including ABOs) and vendors are properly permitted. Additionally, residents or businesses charging for parking at commercial properties must be properly permitted. 501c3 organizations may apply for an exemption for a portion of the fees associated with the appropriate permits.
The sale of silly string, snap pops, and stink bombs is prohibited. Bureau of Revenue field agents and collectors will confiscate any snap pops found on mobile vendors.
Unless a Food Truck Permit holder also obtained a Mardi Gras Fixed Location Vendor permit, no food trucks are allowed within 2 block of a Parade route, from two hours before the parade starts until two hours after the parade has passed any part of the route.
Mardi Gras Event and Vending Permits
- Concession Stands
- Reviewing Stands
- Temporary Parking Lot Permits
- Portolet Permits
- Vendor Permits (including Walkers and Fixed Location Vendors)
You can also download the 2018 Mardi Gras Guide and 2018 Mardi Gras Procedures
Fixed Location Vendors Key Dates
- 1/12/2018 The application period for the Mardi Gras Fixed Location Vendor Lottery opens on 1/8/2018 and closes on 1/12/2018.
- 1/25/2018 The Mardi Gras Fixed Location Vendors Lottery will take place on 1/25/2018 at 1:30PM in the Lobby of Civil District Court Located at 421 Loyola Ave.
- 1/27/2018 Mardi Gras Fixed Location Vendors may come to City Hall, 1300 Perdido St., Room 1W15, beginning on Saturday (1/27/2018) morning at 9AM to chose their fixed locations in the order in which they pulled during the lottery.
Vendors selected in the lottery must attend the fixed location selection process with a valid picture ID at 9 a.m. on Saturday, January 27, 2018, in the Bureau of Revenue. Names will be called according to their placement on the lottery board. Participants unable to attend the selection process must authorize one representative to attend in their place in writing ahead of time with the Bureau of Revenue. Representatives must have valid picture ID. Each participant is allowed 10 minutes to select one fixed location.
Mardi Gras Walkers Permits
Individuals interested in obtaining Mardi Gras Walker Permit to sell novelties or pre-packaged food without a fixed location can go to the Revenue office located at 1300 Perdido St., Room 1W15, during the week of January 29th to obtain the necessary permits.