Appealing an Application Rejection
Applicants for Civil Service jobs have the right to appeal their rejection.
Appeals must be:
- Made in writing and addressed to the Personnel Director.
- Received in Civil Service within 10 days of the date of the disqualification notice.
- Sent to 1340 Poydras Street, Suite 900, New Orleans, LA 70112. Requests may also be hand delivered Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Important things to note:
- The Personnel Director will respond in writing within 20 days of receiving your request for appeal.
- The Personnel Director will review the decision of the Civil Service Analyst who processed your application based on the information available to the Analyst at the time you applied. New information will not be considered as part of this appeal.
- The decision of the Personnel Director is final.