Grants & Reporting Specialist (Unclassified)
The SWBNO (1500 Employee Public Utility) is responsible for the treatment and distribution of safe drinking water and water for fire protection throughout the city of New Orleans; for the collection and treatment of all wastewater for safe return to the environment; and drainage for the totality of the City of New Orleans. The SWBNO has recently embraced a new management team, and we are seeking the best and brightest candidates to ensure that the services we provide are viable for future generations. Our future is exciting!
- Interpret, develop and apply appropriate regulations, policies, and procedures pertaining to grants and agreements
- Monitor all grant projects; make recommendations to appropriate personnel; ensure federal and state compliance are being met
- Respond to Request For Information (RFI)’s issued by Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)/Louisiana Governor’s Office of Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP)
- Draft time extensions and grant amendments/requests to FEMA as needed
- Interface with FEMA to work through scope eligibility concerns and project progress
- Work with directors and project managers to determine eligibility including the review of all project scope changes and cost increase
- Foster relationships with the City of New Orleans, FEMA, and GOHSEP to enhance interagency communication and coordination of city wide recovery projects
- Draft FEMA/GOHSEP correspondence
- Experienced in FEMA/GOHSEP policy and procedures concerning grant management, data management, and quarterly reporting.
- Skills & Knowledge:
- Thoroughly familiar with LAPA website portal and FEMA policy. Proficiency with Microsoft’s Office Suite. Must possess excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Must be proactive and abreast of all FEMA policy and guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a relevant field of study.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience with Federal grants is required.
What We Offer:
- Extremely competitive health insurance program
- Wellness program
- Life insurance program
- Education and training reimbursement program
- Generous retirement plan
Email resume to: email@example.com