Project Manager – Unclassified
The SWBNO (1500 Employee Public Utility) is responsible for the treatment and distribution of safe drinking water and water for fire protection throughout the city of New Orleans; for the collection and treatment of all wastewater for safe return to the environment; and drainage for the totality of the City of New Orleans. The SWBNO has recently embraced a new management team, and we are seeking the best and brightest candidates to ensure that the services we provide are viable for future generations. Our future is exciting!
The SWBNO is currently recruiting for an experienced Civil Engineer to serve as a Project Manager for the joint City of New Orleans Department of Public Works/SWBNO Capital Improvements Program (CIP) Management Team. In this position, you will have the opportunity to support the development and construction of a wide range of projects in infrastructure, wastewater and water engineering, and storm water management and engineering.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative and technical oversight of project development working in support of Senior Project Managers, CIP Program Administrators, and with Project Analysts to ensure project quality, schedule and budget.
- Provide technical project development for design and construction projects working along with the City of New Orleans Department of Public Works Project Delivery Unit.
- Work closely with consultant architecture/engineering firms in the development of project design and construction administration.
- Provide data for the preparation of accurate status reports, assist in conceptualizing and developing solutions for project issue resolution, provide documentation for design quality control and assurance, and assist with contract, budget and claims in support of CIP Management Team activities.
- Participate in the production of design with design teams toward on-time and within budget delivery of technically correct and industry standard constructible infrastructure, wastewater and water projects including associated civil engineering inputs.
- Assist with the delivery of detailed designs in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Support Program Management with technical assistance on projects.
- Provide management assistance for multi-disciplinary design teams to complete technical project delivery to program cost and quality requirements.
- Work within a team of civil engineers experienced in drainage, sewage collection and conveyance, and storm water conveyance.
- Assist with the technical delivery and checking of work.
- Ensure that consultant, vendor and construction contractor proposals and project delivery are properly documented.
- Ensure maintenance of Federal Grant Program documentation.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then we are interested in hearing from you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent in a relevant field such as Construction Management.
- 3+ years’ project management experience within a civil engineering related project management and/or construction management experience in public utility programs.
- Experience of working within an infrastructure Program Manager position on relevant projects.
- Core technical skills relevant to the water industry including open channel hydraulics, hydrology and storm water management, pump and pipeline hydraulics, wastewater collection and conveyance, water distribution, civil engineering design.
- Knowledge of combined roadway/street and utility infrastructure design and program/project/construction management.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, must possess the ability to prioritize assignments and build strong relationships.
- Must exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as project management systems including project scheduling, scoping, budgeting, cost analysis, resource analysis, and reporting.
- LA Registered PE or ability to obtain such within 6 months of employment.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Willingness to work and reside within the City of New Orleans.
$55,000 - $90,000 annually
What We Offer:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Extremely competitive health insurance program
- Wellness program
- Life insurance program
- Education and training reimbursement program
- Generous retirement plan
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org