Reconciliation and Closeout Specialist (Unclassified)
The SWBNO (1500 Employee Public Utility) is responsible for the treatment and distribution of safe drinking water and water for fire protection throughout the city of New Orleans; for the collection and treatment of all wastewater for safe return to the environment; and drainage for the totality of the City of New Orleans. The SWBNO has recently embraced a new management team, and we are seeking the best and brightest candidates to ensure that the services we provide are viable for future generations. Our future is exciting!
Grant Management in the following capacity:
- Reconciling Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance and Hazard Mitigation grants with support documentation and internal cost data;
- Researching project files, accounting data, work order information, and external data sources such as louisianapa.com to verify project-specific expenditures;
- Interpreting construction documents, project manager justifications, and FEMA Public Assistance and Hazard Mitigation grant program policies to identify expenditures eligible for final reimbursement;
- Performing cost reasonableness analyses of project expenditures;
- Compiling documentation and completing forms for project closeout submittal;
- Negotiating with State and FEMA representatives to determine final eligible costs;
- Posting journal entries (re-classification of expenditures); and
- Identifying unrecorded expenses and liabilities that should be posted to the appropriated accounting codes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a relevant field of study such as: accounting, engineering, business, public administration, and finance.
- At least two (2) years of experience in grants management specific to the FEMA Public Assistance or Hazard Mitigation Grant program.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Familiar with Louisiana Public Assistance (LAPA) website portal and FEMA policy.
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proactive and abreast of all FEMA policy and guidance.
$55,102 - $75,170
What We Offer:
- Extremely competitive health insurance program
- Wellness program
- Life insurance program
- Education and training reimbursement program
- Generous retirement plan
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org