First Source connects the local workforce to various employment opportunities throughout the City of New Orleans. Local jobseekers can now easily submit their resumes into the City’s database. Applicants will be contacted in an appropriate amount of time about job openings on various local projects.
First Source also allows prime contractors and their subcontractors to efficiently utilize the City of New Orleans as its first source for recruitment, referral, and placement of all new hires for employment opportunities.
Click either of the links below for more details about this service for contractors and job seekers.
* First Source is a contract requirement for city contractors. Prime contractors and their subcontractors must notify the City of New Orleans of its specific need for new employees and wait at least five (5) business days before advertising the employment opportunity to the general public.
Disadvantaged Targeted Worker Certification
“Disadvantaged Local Worker” means a local worker who (i) at the time of commencing work on a covered project has a household income of equal to or less than 50% of Area Median Income (AMI), adjusted for household size, of the New Orleans Parish-Metairie-Kenner Metropolitan Statistical Area or faces at least one of the following barriers to employment:
- Being homeless;
- Being a custodial single parent;
- Receiving public assistance;
- Having a prior arrest or conviction;
- Suffering from Chronic Unemployment;
- Having been emancipated from the foster care system;
- Being a veteran of the U.S. military.
If you identify with one or more of these categories, please complete the Hire NOLA Disadvantaged Attestation and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Hire NOLA Disadvantaged Attestation
Section III Certification
The Section III program requires that recipients of certain HUD financial assistance provide job training and employment opportunities for low- or very-low income residents in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods.
If you live in government-assisted housing or if your household income falls below HUD's income limits, you may qualify as a Section III. If so, then please complete the Section III form and email it to email@example.com.
Download Section III form