Congratulations to our January's Healthy Hero: Tiffany Aidoo
Fit NOLA, Whole Foods Market New Orleans , Athleta and Rock 'N' Roll Marathon are proud to announce Tiffany Aidoo January's Healthy Hero.
At the age of five, sports were introduced to Tiffany as a way to connect with friends. Little did she know she was learning her strengths, weaknesses and most importantly ways to collaborate with her community as a whole. This experience became her mentor.
Tiffany excelled on many levels. Earned good grades, built and maintained great relationships, earned a collegiate basketball scholarship to Tulane. Those opportunities led her to the current position in the Mayor's Office as the NOLA FOR LIFE Program Manager overseeing Midnight Basketball and Mentoring and Personal Training Certification with the National Academy of Sports Medicine.
Tiffany aspires to share the importance of sport and movement in the development of an individual's best self. She believes it's an opportunity to discover yourself and learn from the experiences of others.
Are you a Healthy Hero?
A "Healthy Hero" is a New Orleanian dedicated to improving the physical and nutritional wellness of their community.
- Have you made changes in your life to be more active and eat healthier?
- Are you working with members of your community to improve the health and fitness of its residents?
- Have you created or participated in a health & wellness program that encourages others to make healthy lifestyle changes? (For example: a mentorship, nutrition, or fitness program)
- Have you helped others overcome challenges to reach their health or fitness goals?
Fit NOLA, Athleta, and Whole Foods Market want to celebrate your efforts to improve the health & fitness of your community by recognizing you as a “Healthy Hero!"
Healthy Heros will receive the following gifts from our community partners:
- One  $50 gift card to Whole Foods Market®
- A healthy eating tour of Whole Foods Market Broad Street
- One  complimentary entry to Humana Rock 'n' Roll New Orleans marathon, 1/2 marathon or 10K Award
- A shop party held at Athleta, complete with refreshments and a personal FitPro Stylist to service them and up to 25 guests, an "outfit" consisting of a top, bra, and bottom appropriate to work out in
- One promo code for to save $15 on the marathon or half marathon and one promo code to save $10 on the 10K that is transferable to friends and family
Rules and Regulations:
- All submissions must be made via online form
- Nominees must reside in Orleans Parish
- Questions concerning the nominations can be made via email to: email@example.com
- Nominees may only submit one  form per month
- Nominations will be reviewed by the Healthy Hero selection committee
- Award recipients will be notified of their nomination status via email
- One  award recipient will be named each month
- All award selections are final once communicated
- Rewards may not be switched or substituted for duplicate or unlisted items
Once selected, the Healthy Hero will be photographed and featured in promotions by Fit NOLA, Whole Foods Market ®, and Humana Rock 'n' Roll New Orleans Marathon & 1/2 Marathon.
* photo release waivers will be signed by the Healthy Hero for these promotions
Tell us your story!
To be considered for the December 2016 Healthy Hero award, please answer the questions below or fill out this form by December 2nd, 2016!