Navigation Search Map (504) 658-4000

Translate this page

Winter Weather, Boil Water Advisory, Low Water Pressure

Residents and visitors are advised to take precautions during winter weather. A boil water advisory is in effect for the entire East Bank of New Orleans due to a further drop in water pressure Thursday morning, Jan. 18.

Visit NOLA Ready

The City of New Orleans

Mayor Mitchell J. Landrieu


Alcoholic Beverage License

Apply online?

An Alcoholic Beverage license is required to sell alcoholic beverages of any kind in the City of New Orleans. 

If the application for an alcoholic beverage permit is denied, the applicant has the right to appeal the decision. All appeals are handled by the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board. The applicant has ten (10) days from the date of the denial letter to contact the Clerk of Council Office to request a denial hearing. The Clerk of Council can be reached at (504) 658-1124.

If there is a moratorium on the location you are applying for, based upon the recommendation from Safety & Permits, you may need to apply for a Conditional Use change through the City Planning Commission. The application could also take between 60-90 days pending City of New Orleans Council approval.

Departments to contact when applying for an alcoholic beverage permit:

  • City of New Orleans Alcoholic Beverage Unit
    • 1300 Perdido St., Room 1W15, New Orleans, LA 70112
    • (504) 658-1600, (504) 658-1674 or
  • Louisiana State Health Department
    • 1450 Poydras St. Suite 1204, New Orleans, LA 70112
    • (504) 568-7970
  • Louisiana Department of Revenue and Taxation
    • 1450 Poydras St. Suite 800, New Orleans, LA 70112
    • (504) 568-5228, (504) 568-5233
  • Louisiana State Department of Alcohol Tobacco Control (New Orleans Office)
    • 1450 Poydras St Suite 850., New Orleans, LA 70112
    • (504) 568-7028

Departments that may need to be contacted:

  • City of New Orleans Safety & Permits Department
    • 1300 Perdido St., 7th Room 7E04, New Orleans, LA 70112 
    • (504) 658-7125 or (504) 658-7100
  • Louisiana State Department of Alcohol Tobacco Control
    • 8549 United Plaza Blvd., #220, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
    • (225) 925-4041


If you or your spouse has been convicted of a felony in the last 5 years, you are not eligible to obtain an Alcoholic Beverage Permit.


All alcoholic beverage permits will expire on May 31st of every year. The alcoholic beverage processing fee is the only fee due when the application is submitted. Upon approval, the remaining balance will be due before the permit(s) is issued:

  • Application Processing Fee: $750.00 (Non-refundable). Increasing to $1,000.00 effective January 1, 2013
  • Low Content (Beer): $135.00
  • High Content (Liquor): $500.00
  • Wine Permit: $300.00
  • Occupational License: $50.00 minimum

If the business is located in the Vieux Carre Zoning District, New Orleans Historic District, or Central Business Historic District, additional fees are follows:

  • Vieux Carre ABO Processing Fee: $50.00
  • Vieux Carre ABO Issuance Fee: $125.00
  • New Orleans Historic District Landmarks Commission ABO Processing Fee: $50.00
  • New Orleans Historic District Landmarks Commission ABO Issuance Fee: $125.00
  • Central Business Historic Districts Landmarks Commission ABO Processing Fee: $50.00
  • Central Business Historic Districts Landmarks Commission ABO Issuance Fee: $125.00
  • Safety & Permits ABO Issuance Fee: $125.00

Special Events:

  • Beer: $135.00 per event plus $250.00 processing fee (one time charge)
  • Beer, Wine/Liquor: $500.00 per event plus $250.00 processing fee (one time charge)
  • Non-Profit organizations must obtain a waiver to exempt permit and license fees in advance of the event

Payment for alcoholic beverage permits, must be made by cashier’s check or money order. Occupational License payments can be made by check (company, personal) or money order.

Required documents/steps

1. Complete the Notarized Schedule A

If the applicant is a Corporation or Limited Liability Company, the following information is required to be submitted:

  • Corporate Certificate or Company Registration from the Secretary of State
  • Articles of Incorporation or Articles of Organization
  • Minutes of the Meeting, Electing the Current Officers
  • Initial Report of the Business

2. Complete the Notarized Schedule B

An addendum also must be completed and signed with the Schedule B application. These forms are on each individual affiliated with the business.

The following Individuals must complete and return a Schedule B with the application:

  • Each principal corporation officer (President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, etc.), member, partner or owner must complete a Schedule B and sign an addendum. Managers of the business must complete and sign the Schedule B and addendum.
  • Registered Agents domiciled in this State must submit a Schedule B and an Addendum if the applicant is a Foreign Corporation. Naturalized citizens must submit their naturalization number, date and place of issuance.**

** Original Naturalization Certificate must be presented in person, no copies or reproductions will be accepted.

3. Submit a copy of the Act of Sales or Photo static copy of a true, bona fide, written lease and sublease, if applicable, of the premises to be permitted must be submitted with application.

4. Submit a copy of valid Louisiana Driver’s license or identification card.

Add to Twitter Add to Facebook Add to LinkedIn Add to Google Bookmarks Add to Reddit

Last updated: 3/26/2015 3:24:26 PM

Was this page helpful?


 Security code