Mayor's Outstanding Employee Award
The Mayor’s Outstanding Employee Award program recognizes employees who demonstrate a commitment to City values and exemplary contributions to organization-wide goals.
In order to recognize the accomplishments of high-performing employees, the City of New Orleans welcomes nominations for the Outstanding Employee Award from employees of the City of New Orleans, as well as citizens.
About the program
To be eligible for the award, the nominee should:
- Demonstrate an outstanding contribution to city and departmental goals
- Embody the City values of integrity, excellence, transparency, teamwork, responsiveness, innovation, as well as diversity and inclusion.
- Be an active City employee with at least one year of service at the date of the nomination.
- Currently not serving as a member of the Outstanding Employee Award Review Committee.
- Be a classified or unclassified employee. All employees of boards and commissions are eligible.
How to nominate an employee
- Nominations will be submitted to the Chief Administrative Office, Division of Human Resources by the nominating department’s HR Manager.
- Each nominator may submit one nomination.
- Members of the Outstanding Employee Award Review Committee are not allowed to make nominations.
- Individuals may be re-nominated for the award in future years.
Click here to nominate an employee