Navigation Search Map (504) 658-4000

Translate this page

Impacts from Winter Weather

Both Boil Water Advisories have been lifted and Sewerage and Water Board crews continue to work around the clock to find and repair leaks throughout New Orleans to strengthen the City’s water pressure. 

Visit NOLA Ready

The City of New Orleans

Mayor Mitchell J. Landrieu

Applications, Guidelines & Permits

The Department of Parks and Parkways administers a number of Applications and Permits and issues Guidelines ranging from work on individual trees to events in entire parks.  Design and construction industry workers should click here for guidelines and additional information.


Parks and Parkway oversees a number of kinds of permits, and consults on many administered by other departments, which take place on public property in New Orleans.

Maintenance or Alteration to Public Property

Event Permits

  • Public Park Permit - The permit required to use public parks for events in the City of New Orleans.
  • Temporary Use of Neutral Ground Permit - The permit required to use the City of New Orleans neutral ground for any purpose for any period of time. 
  • Shelter Rental Permit - The permit required to rent the shelters in Joe Brown Park and Brechtel Park for events in the City of New Orleans.

Potential Additional Permits of Interest

  • Driveway / Curb Cut Permit - The permit required to repair or replace your driveway. 
  • Film Location Permit - The permit required for any commercial filming in New Orleans. Film New Orleans  acts as a liaison for all film and video projects working in the city. The City of New Orleans generates a blanket, free of charge film permit.


Add to Twitter Add to Facebook Add to LinkedIn Add to Google Bookmarks Add to Reddit

Last updated: 1/5/2017 11:52:11 AM

Was this page helpful?


 Security code