Navigation Search Map (504) 658-4000

Translate this page

Low Water Pressure, Boil Water Advisory

Impacts from winter weather are causing low water pressure. A boil water advisory is in effect for the East Bank of New Orleans.

Visit NOLA Ready

The City of New Orleans

Mayor Mitchell J. Landrieu

Correct a Violation

Violation Notice

After investigating a complaint of a potential violation, the VCC sends a Notice of Violation to the owner of the property.

Do not ignore this letter, even if the violation predates your ownership or control of the property.

In most cases, a building owner can correct a violation by obtaining a permit from the Commission and performing the work authorized by the permit. Please note that in some cases, the Commission will require that the illegal work be modified, removed, or replaced.

If the property owner fails to respond to the violation notice or is unwilling to correct the problem, the Commission files an affidavit of charges against parties responsible for the violations with the City's Administrative Adjudication Bureau and/or the applicable court(s). Commission inspectors are deputized by the New Orleans Police Department and may issue a summons directly to a responsible party on the premises for certain violations.


The removal of a STOP WORK ORDER in order to allow work to continue requires a full Commission hearing and approval.

An application must be submitted to the VCC for the work, and the applicant must present to the VCC a clear and detailed account of the existing condition prior to the work, in addition to all required submittal documents for the proposed work. In some cases, the Commission may require alterations to or removal of the work performed without a permit. 

Add to Twitter Add to Facebook Add to LinkedIn Add to Google Bookmarks Add to Reddit

Last updated: 3/17/2014 9:41:52 AM

Was this page helpful?


 Security code