Participation in the Wellness Program can save employees $180 to $360 per year off of their healthcare premium contributions.
Participation in the Wellness Program is mandatory for adult plan members (employees and covered spouses) in order to receive the premium discount and pay the lower Wellness Contribution rates. Wellness program participation is not available to covered children, including adult children up to age 26.
WELLNESS CREDIT COMPLIANCE
Completing the following programs are mandatory for ALL employees, retirees, spouses and domestic partners to qualify for Compliance Contribution rates:
- The Tobacco and Nicotine Affidavit form is available online.
- UHC Online Health Assessment ( now called the "Rally Health Survey").
- Annual Wellness Exam - Mandatory for plan members, spouses and domestic partners. The Annual Wellness Exam includes Total Cholesterol, Glucose, and Blood Sugar tests.
- Annual Dental Exam - Mandatory for plan members, spouses and domestic partners. The Annual Dental Exam includes cleaning and checkup.
- Smoking Cessation Program – Mandatory for smokers
- Diabetes Health Program – Mandatory for Pre-Diabetics and Diabetics
- United Healthcare will use claims data will be used to identify Pre-Diabetics and Diabetics, who will be automatically enrolled in the program. Enrollees will be offered the chance to opt out of the Diabetes Health Program. Opting out means you will forfeit your chance to save money by paying the Wellness Contribution rates.
Participation in the Rally Health Survey, the Smoking Cessation Program, and the Diabetes Program is free for plan members.
- Visit www.nola.gov/health-plan/wellness-program/tobacco-nicotine-affidavit to access and complete the form.
- Click on Wellness Program and complete the Tobacco and Nicotine Affidavit in its entirety. Otherwise, you will NOT be eligible for Wellness Compliance Credits.
- Use the ADP Employee ID number for the employee and spouse.
- Be sure to enter the employee email address to receive confirmation that your form was submitted.
- Once all fields are complete, check the box indicating that this information is true, and click on “submit.”
- Please retain a copy of the confirmation for your records.
There is no need to document your wellness compliance efforts.
- Your doctor must code your visit as a wellness visit for you to receive credit for your Wellness Compliance requirement. Remember, there is no co-payment for a Wellness Visit. If you are charged a fee, your doctor did not code your appointment as a wellness visit.
- If you do not currently have a Doctor, visit www.myuhc.com to select a doctor near you. All Wellness Visits completed October 31, 2015 through October 31, 2016 will satisfy 2017 Wellness Compliance Credit requirements.
- Schedule your Dental cleaning before October 31, 2016.
- If you do not currently have a Dentist, visit www.myuhc.com to select a Dentist near you. All dental visits completed October 31, 2015 through October 31, 2016 will satisfy 2017 Wellness Compliance Credit requirements.
- Employees receive two (2) free dental cleanings per year.
RALLY HEALTH SURVEY
The Online Health Assessment establishes a baseline health status, identifies current & imminent health risks, and helps members plan to address those risks. It only takes 30 minutes. Before beginning the assessment, please have the following information with you:
- Log onto www.myuhc.com/
- Member ID located on the front of your medical card
- Medical Group located number on the front of the medical card
- Approximate date of most recent preventive services
- Health screening
- Blood pressure numbers
- Cholesterol measurement
- Glucose numbers
While items 5-9 are not required to take the Health Assessment, their inclusion will make your Health Assessment Results more accurate and complete.
How to Complete the Rally Health Survey:
Step 1: Open the browser and type in myuhc.com.
Step 2: If you have a username and password, please enter these and proceed to Step 3. If you have not registered; click on “Register Now” and enter the requested information. When done, record your username and password for safe keeping.
Step 3: Enter your username and password. Navigate to the “What Would You Like to Do” menu in the upper right corner. Click on “Rally Health Survey”. Please answer all questions.
Step 4: If you have missing information, don’t worry. You can log out and return to the site to add more data to complete your assessment.
Step 5: When the assessment is completed, please enter finished.
FOR TOBACCO USERS
Smoking Cessation Trust Program
- For Louisiana residents who started smoking tobacco products before September 1, 1988
- Offers FREE medication, group counseling and quit line coaching to help you quit for good.
To learn more: www.smokingcessationtrust.org or call 504-529-5665 or 855-259-6346.
Quit with Us, LA
The Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals offers free help quitting smoking. Call the Louisiana Tobacco Quit line (1-800-QUIT-NOW) or go to http://www.quitwithusla.org/ for more information.
- All Louisiana residents are eligible
- No Cost (Free)
- Enrollment Sign-Up takes 5 -10 minutes
- Five coaching sessions are available
- Coaches are available seven (7) days a week; 24 hrs. per day
- Participants are eligible for free patches and gum
- Possible re-enrollment, if additional coaching is necessary
THE FIRST STEP TO QUITTING IS TO CALL THE LOUISIANA TOBACCO QUITLINE (1-800-QUIT-NOW) TO REGISTER FOR COACHING SUPPORT DURING THE QUITTING PROCESS.
FOR PRE-DIABETICS AND DIABETICS
Diabetes Management Program
- Pre-Diabetic and Diabetic Employees/Spouses will be automatically enrolled into the Diabetes Management Program by United Healthcare.
- Employees/Spouses can opt out of the Diabetes Management Program. United Healthcare will provide plan members with a letter offering them the option to opt out of the program.
- Employees/Spouses who opt out of the program will NOT be eligible for discounted Compliance Rates on healthcare premiums and will lose eligibility to take advantage of any related discounts that are part of the Diabetes Management Program.
Goals of the Diabetes Management Program:
- Help Diabetics to manage their diabetes better
- Lessen risk that Pre-Diabetics become diabetic
What’s included in the Diabetes Management Program?
- Diabetes-related doctor checkups every 6 months
- Annual screenings (these screenings do NOT require a copay)
- LDL cholesterol test
- Serum creatinine test
- Retinopathy screening
- Nephropathy screening
- 2+ HbA1C test