BioDistrict New Orleans
134 LaSalle Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
BioDistrict New Orleans is a state-enabled economic development district (with taxing and bonding authority) that is charged with the responsibility of growing both the programmatic and physical development components of the biosciences sector of the New Orleans economy.
- The president of the Louisiana State University System or designee;
- The president of Tulane University or designee;
- The president of Xavier University or designee;
- The chancellor of Delgado Community College or designee;
- The Mayor or designee;
- The Mayor appoints three members from nominees submitted by Greater New Orleans, Inc., New Orleans Chamber of Commerce and New Orleans Business Council;
- The governor appoints four members, at least two of which must be residents of Orleans Parish;
- The secretary of the Department of Economic Development or designee; and
- State representatives and senators for the districts that overlap the boundaries of BioDistrict New Orleans appoint two members who reside within the boundaries of BioDistrict New Orleans.
(Created by: La. R.S. 33:9039.61, et seq.)