Healthy Start New Orleans
Healthy Start is a community-based program that can help you navigate prenatal/postnatal care, enroll in community assistance programs, and become your baby's first and most important teacher.
Your Healthy Start Parent Educator will visit with you once or twice per month to work through any challenges you're having and teach you fun activities to do with your child.
As a Healthy Start family, you'll earn reward points that can be exchanged for free baby supplies. You'll also be invited to free events and parent workshops each month.
If you live in Orleans Parish and are a pregnant mom, parent with a child up to age two, or grandparent raising a grandchild up to age two, give us a call!
Healthy Start can help you:
- Get free baby items
- Learn to eat healthy during pregnancy
- Learn what to feed your family
- Get WIC, Food Stamps, and help with housing
- Get Medicaid
- For Mom before and after pregnancy
- For children under age 19
- Get individual or family counseling
- Find job training
- Get information on GED or going back to school
- Clear up your criminal record
- Join support groups for moms and dads
To sign up call Healthy Start at (504)658-2600. Enrolling is fast and easy.
Visit The Raising of America Documentary page for resources to host your own screening.