Parade / Second-Line
A second-line/parade includes mobile traveling down city streets by foot with a group of participants along with a band and/or floats that play music and/or include the “throwing” of goods such as beads and other celebratory accessories.
Download the Special Events Permit Guide for more information about permitting requirements.
- Begin the application process at least 2 weeks before the event date
- Click here to learn more about the application process and requirements
- Develop and submit a detailed event route with your application
- Provide a sanitation (clean-up) plan and copy of contract with the clean-up company if the event includes throws and/or debris are produced
- Any cancellations must be done a minimum of two hours prior to the event. Less than two hours notification will cause forfeiture of all police fees for that date
THE OFFICE OF CULTURAL ECONOMY, THE MAYOR’S OFFICE, AND/OR THE INDIVIDUAL PERMITTING DEPARTMENTS (I.E. REVENUE) NO LONGER ACCEPT APPLICATIONS. REMIT APPLICATIONS TO THE ONE STOP SHOP ON THE 7TH FLOOR OF CITY HALL, OR YOU CAN VISIT THE ONE STOP ONLINE AT http://www.nola.gov/onestop/ FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS.
Level of Impact
Local Special Event
Emerging Special Event
Expanding Special Event
High-Impact Special Event