Navigation Search Map (504) 658-4000

Translate this page

The City of New Orleans

Mayor Mitchell J. Landrieu

Event/Film Permits & Licenses


Business, Event/Film
Apply online?

All Fairs, Markets and Festivals must have a permit to operate in the City of New Orleans.

All Fairs, Markets and Festivals must have a permit to operate in the City of New Orleans. Depending on the type of fair/market/festival, you may need a number of additional permits and licenses.

Required documents/steps

  • Promoters/show organizers should first contact City Council member in whose district the event will be taking place. The Council District will be informed of events in their district and must approve of any temporary alcohol permits in their district on to the application process. Click here for Council contact information.
  • Complete the Master Event Application, plus:
  • Supplement A - Special Event Promoter/Vendor
  • Supplement D - Parks and Rec Centers - if event is on City property
  • Supplement E - Tents
  • Supplement F - Entertainment
  • Supplement G - Safety and Security
  • Lease or Property/Land Authorization agreement - if event is on private property
  • Recorded Act of Sale, if the property has recently changed ownership (if applicable)
  • Plot plan showing boundaries of the property and location and dimensions of the reviewing stands, stages, tents, tables, seating on the property with location and distance to the nearest fire hydrant
  • Plan/contract to dispose of all waste 
  • Submit all to the One Stop Shop, City Hall, 7th floor, 1300 Perdido St., New Orleans 70112


You may also need

User guides

Add to Twitter Add to Facebook Add to LinkedIn Add to Google Bookmarks Add to Reddit

Last updated: 11/6/2013 3:15:50 PM

Was this page helpful?


 Security code