Special Event Promoter
A Special Event Promoter permit is required for event/show organizers when an event or show involves three (3) or more vendors. You must have a complete contact list of all vendors, pay a bond and fees to complete the application process.
Fees are based on type of activity, what is being sold and amount of gross sales. Click here for the City of New Orleans code, including more information about fees.
Fee Summary Sheet
- Promoters, not individual vendors, must first obtain the approval City Council member in whose district the event will be taking place. The Council District will be notified electronically by our internal system to review. However, if the event is expected to be particularly large, loud, or disruptive the promoter may wish to discuss the event with the Councilmember prior to application. Click here for Council contact information.
- Complete the Master Event Application, plus:
- Supplement A - Special Event Promoter/Vendor
- Supplement G - Safety and Security
- Lease or Property/Land Authorization agreement
- Vendor List: The list must include: business trade name, mailing address, contact person, contact phone number
- Bond Requirements (for profit only): $10,000 performance bond is required if 3 or more vendors participating
- Plan/contract to dispose of all waste
- Submit all to the One Stop Shop, City Hall, 7th floor, 1300 Perdido St., New Orleans 70112
You may also need
Depending on the details of your event/show, you may need to fill out and submit additional supplements or documents. Please start by completing the Master Event Application and as indicated: