A Mayoralty permit is required (along with other permits and licenses) for vendors, artists and individuals conducting business or promoting themselves or their art in the City of New Orleans. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Live entertainment including live music, DJ’s, music ensembles, etc.
- Street entertainers
- Certain sales in the Central Business District
- Mardi Gras activities
- Peddlers and itinerant vendors selling artifacts
- Artists (Fence Guidlines for Jackson Square Artists)
- Flower vendors and peddlers
- Food vendors
- Transient vendors
- Canvassing, including distribution of fliers and pamphlets
- Alcoholic beverage special event permits
- Event promoters
Fees are based on type of activity, what is being sold and amount of gross sales. Click here for the City of New Orleans code, including more information about fees.
- Fill out and submit the Schedule A form to City Hall, Bureau of Revenue at 1300 Perdido St., Room 1W15, New Orleans, LA 70112
- Special Event Requirements: Applications must be received THIRTY (30) days prior to the event to ensure issuance. The following documents are required prior to staging an event within the City of New Orleans:
- If you are a non-profit organization, fill out the Exemption Application to get a waiver of fees.
Bureau of Revenue
You may also need